Re: JFFS compression and hard links.

Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> While we are at the point of redefining node content, why not assigning a
> bit which meaning would be "compress on write"?  This way compression could
> be selected on a file by file basis as well.  Frequently rewritten files may
> be marked as "do not compress" while unfrequently modified files, like
> configuration files, would be compressed.

Absolutely. I don't think anybody suggested that all files had to be
compressed.

What about a 'compress on cleanup' bit. This could give the GC routines
a little emergency margin in that some files could be kept uncompressed
until space ran low and then compressed to save space.

> Nicolas
>

> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe jffs-dev" in

Joe deBlaquiere
Red Hat, Inc.
307 Wynn Drive
Huntsville AL, 35805