Re: JFFS compression and hard links.

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, David Woodhouse wrote:
>  actually this only need to be append-only. No reason why we can't add
> uncompressed nodes to the end of compressed files. But it's a corner case
> so I'm inclined to do what's easiest, which will be to deny writes if
> there are any compressed nodes.

If it is not obvious, truncate, delete, rename and the permission things
need to work as well. You just can't do any operation that would overlap
new data with the compressed data. I agree that it's probably best to deny
append even if it does not overlap (might get difficult for the GC
otherwise).

-BW