Re: Problem when creating file in directory being deleted

Simon.Munton@xxxxxxx.uk said:
>  I've come across a problem when creating a file in a directory, when
> that directory is being deleted by another process. The file gets
> created, but is then orphaned; when remounting the filesystem later,
> the mount fails, complaining that it found an inode with no parent and
> pino set to some value.

Fun. Isn't the VFS supposed to protect us from this? The code in
jffs_remove() is OK. In jffs_create(), after grabbing the biglock, make it
check that the parent inode isn't already marked as deleted. Other inode
creation paths (mknod, mkdir etc) may need this too.

--
dwmw2