Arcom Media GX board

We've recently received some Arcom SBC-Geode-GX1 boards for some
in-house
Linux prototypes. They happen to have  a fairly old version (Oct.) of
the mtd.
(mtdcore.c,v 1.17 2000/09/14) and jffs (jffs_fm.c,v 1.18 2000/08/21
10:41:45).

1. I was wondering if anyone has put used these systems and/or upgraded
to a
more recent version of jffs/mtd.

2.Any major issues I should worry about in upgrading?

3.Any major issues in staying with what I currently have? (The startup
time of
checking the flashfile system is annoying, but I can live with it if I
have to).

Thanks in advance.

Mark Hoy
UltraDevices