Re: JFFS2 Request For Testing.

David Woodhouse wrote:

> dwmw2@xxxxxxx.org said:
> >  There's free beer for the first person who tells me why I need the
> > invalidate_inode_pages() in jffs2_file_release() when no other
> > filesystem  seems to need it, or why it sometimes gets stuck on
> > unmount, in  __wait_on_page() called from invalidate_inodes(). I
> > suspect they're  related, and it's a stupid bug on my part.
>
> > There's also a free beer for whoever provides mkfs.jffs2.
>
> One of those appears fixed - remembering to use readpage_unlock instead of
> readpage_nolock in the GC code means that the pages don't end up staying
> locked for ever.
>
> There's still beer available for people who can convince me that
> jffs2_file_release() isn't just an evil hack to work around another problem,
> or who can fix said other problem, and especially for anyone who provides
> mkfs.jffs2

David, why is mkfs.jffs2 so important (or needed at all). What's wrong with
mounting an erased mtdblock partition and then copying everything you need on
to that.

One can then just dd the stuff off the mtd char device for the partition. What
am I missing?
(at least that's what I've been doing thus far with jffs).

Vipin