RE: jffs2 testing and oops!

Does it matter if jffs2 is loaded as a module or compiled into the
kernel?

>Heh. If you have the contents of /proc/ksyms from the offending kernel
>that might suffice.

Since the sytem hangs after the Oops, I guess that I can only
get it the next time I reboot, or grab it before I try to make
the oops happen. Which one is better?

>That would be better. Especially if you compile the kernel (or at least
>the JFFS2 code) with -g.

>Add this to the beginning of fs/jffs2/Makefile:

>EXTRA_CFLAGS:=-g

Ok, will do. Thanks.

Does ksymoops id the line of src code or just the assembly
instructions executing at the time? How do you know which line
of src caused it?

Vipin