Re: Kernel in JFFS. Possible?

> Not very, AFAIK. RedBoot is more so, although the x86 port of eCos, on which
> RedBoot is based, has suffered a little bitrot since it was last looked at.

It is reasonably generic on ARM processors, from what I understand:
but there are modules containing significant ARM assembly language,
that would have to be rewritten on other architectures (e.g. x86).

I gather our bootldr is reasonably modular.

David Panariti (davep@xxxxxxx.com) is working on the bootloader these
days quite a bit, and would have a better idea how much work it might
be to port to an x86...
				- Jim

--
Jim Gettys