mixing jffs and mtd char

Hi All,

I have an embedded system with four 8 bit wide flash devices in parallel on
a 32 bit bus. I would like to create 3 partitions. Two partitions will be
accessed as char devices and used to store data for which we have an
existing algorithm to do the logic to erase a sector when required/copy the
new data across etc. The data in these sectors is critical. I would like to
set up a JFFS on the third partition and use it to store non-critical data.

My question is whether I need to worry about the details of trying to access
the flash on one partition while writing/erasing is occuring on the other.
I've looked in the MTD code and it looks as though this is all handled in
the MTD layer for devices that support erase/write suspend (which our flash
does). Can someone confirm this for me.

Thanks in advance,
Brett Carswell