RE: MTD,JFFS on JEDEC devices with uClinux-2.0.38.1pre7

Stephen or whoever else can help,

This thread caught my attention because I am attempting to set up an
AM29F016D Flash device under the 2.4.0 kernel.  I have been following the
direction of the JFFS HOWTO for steps on configuring MTD and JFFS.  The
Flash is 2MB and I am 90% sure that I have the correct base and the bus is
8bit.  The problem I am having is that I am getting an error No CFI device
found at location zero from physmap.o.  In my last kernel configuration, I
have CFI built as modules and Support for ROM chips in bus mapping in the
kernel.  This is because of my initial thought that I was going after the
wrong address so that changing it would be easier.  I have built everything
into the kernel also, so I can get past:

If no device is found, then physmap will refuse to load as a module!
This is not a problem with compiling it as a module or with physmap or
modprobe itself. Unfortunately this is the hard part. You have to dive
into the routine "do_cfi_probe()" called from physmap.c.

I checked the spec for the part I am using and there is no mention of this
being a CFI device.  I was unable to determine for sure, however that this
device is not a CFI device or if it is NOT a CFI device, then can I still
use MTD and JFFS on the device?

This thread mentions the JEDEC AMD2F040 flash.  Does it seem like I am
hitting the wrong physical address or does it seem like I am using the wrong
method by using CFI on a non-CFI compliant device?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray