Re: $subject

I personally get a bit nervous about a file system automatically
initializing itself...  This would mean that an accident where
only a small piece of flash got initialized, one might
lose the rest of data in an irrecoverable way.  Unless there is something about
empty flash I don't know about (quite possible, I've never really
read up on their characteristics).

Also, it might take a "while" to erase the 1.2 gigabyte PCMCIA flash
card I came across yesterday :-).  I suspect people would like control over
such operations.
                                - Jim

--
Jim Gettys