Re: $subject

What happens when you have multiple partitions with one of them a
mtd raw partition and you accidentally mount the raw partition?
Erase the raw partition and format for jffs, destroying all data
in the raw partition?

When mounting a partition with jffs, if the partition isn't
completely erased or the partition isn't formatted for jffs,
fail the mount.  Isn't this what happens when you mount a
drive formatted as type 'a' as type 'b'?  Doesn't the
mount fail with a "wrong fs type"?

Steve

Jim Gettys wrote:

> I personally get a bit nervous about a file system automatically
> initializing itself...  This would mean that an accident where
> only a small piece of flash got initialized, one might
> lose the rest of data in an irrecoverable way.  Unless there is something about
> empty flash I don't know about (quite possible, I've never really
> read up on their characteristics).
>
> Also, it might take a "while" to erase the 1.2 gigabyte PCMCIA flash
> card I came across yesterday :-).  I suspect people would like control over
> such operations.
>                                 - Jim
>
> --
> Jim Gettys