JFFS2 node type headers.

We've found a problem with the compatibility node type stuff in JFFS2.
It's actually quite easy to end up with the sequence 0x1984 0xCxxx on the
flash, where the 'xxx' part has a bit flipped from the original, and
the 'C' means it's a JFFS2_FEATURE_INCOMPAT node - and the filesystem
therefore refuses to mount it because it doesn't recognise the exact
nodetype.

The solution to this is probably to add a CRC to the uniform node header.

So... do I just do it and break the existing JFFS2 filesystems, or do I
write all the compatibility code to deal with older filesystems?

JFFS3, anyone?

--
dwmw2