Re: JFFS2:0.5 powerfailtesting-checkfs:4.5?

David Woodhouse wrote:

> vmalik@xxxxxxx.com said:
> > The last message that it printed on the console was:
> > "Mounting file systems"
>
> I didn't implement jffs2_remount_fs yet. 'mount -orw,remount' should be a NOP.
>
> What does your system do next in the startup sequence? Anything that writes
> to the filesystem?

This is the portion of the rc file that was running:
<...snip...>
echo "Mounting file systems"
# Remount the root filesystem in read-write mode
mount -n -o rw,remount /

# Remove the fastboot check file
rm -f /fastboot

# Remove /etc/mtab* so mount creates the /etc/mtab file
rm -f /etc/mtab*

# Mount all partitions specified in /etc/fstab
mount -avt nonfs,nomsdos,nohpfs

#remake the ld.so.cache
/bin/ldconfig

# Mount swap partition specified in /etc/fstab
if [ -f /sbin/swapon ]
then
  swapon -a
fi
                                echo -n "Initialization: "
<..snip...>
**********************

This is the output on the console when everything goes fine:

**************
<....snip...>
Mounting file systems
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
Initialization: locks pids /tmp utmp
Running rc.local. . .
<...snip...>
**************

> How long did you leave it? Could it just have been
> garbage-collecting?

About 2 days. It was most likely stuck in garbage collecting- but I have not way
to prove that of course.

> Did you try SysRq-T and/or SysRq-P to see what it was
> doing at the time?

What is this? and how do I do it?

> Another possibility would be compiling with CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 and not
> enabling KERN_DEBUG messages unless you actually want to see them, when you
> hit SysRq-8

It's already compiled as such. How do I hit SysRq-8? when my console login has
not yet been enabled? Through the
serial console keyboard?

> Incidentally, I'm not sure of the fairness of the scoring system. What does
> JFFS2 have to do to get a whole point?

:), run over a weekend! Not asking that much am I?

Vipin