Re: JFFS2:0.5 powerfailtesting-checkfs:4.5?

vmalik@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  About 2 days. It was most likely stuck in garbage collecting- but I
> have not way to prove that of course.

Hmmm. How full was the filesystem? We shouldn't be seeing infinite GC,
under any circumstances.

> > Did you try SysRq-T and/or SysRq-P to see what it was doing at the time?
> What is this? and how do I do it?

If you have a keyboard, then as I believe you're testing on PC hardware the
SysRq sequence is Alt-PrtSc. Press the 'T' key at the same time to make it
list all tasks, and the 'P' key to print the current EIP. Other available
functions are listed in Documentation/sysrq.txt, including the ones to
change console loglevel.

>  How do I hit SysRq-8? when my console login has not yet been enabled?
> Through the serial console keyboard?

The keyboard, if present, should still work for SysRq even before any getty
is started. Or a BREAK on the serial console followed immediately by the
command character ('T','P' or '8', or whatever else you desire) should also
work.

>  :), run over a weekend! Not asking that much am I?

Heh. I suppose not :)

--
dwmw2