Re: JFFS2 stuck again.

David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Vipin Malik wrote:
>
> > Ok, I did ( about 20 times). It always prints the same IP?
>
> Good. So it's in a tight loop. The SysRq-P function is supposed to ensure
> that it doesn't actually print addresses in the keyboard handler - I
> assume that also works for serial SysRq. Even so - there'd be useful
> information in the backtrace.
>
> What function contains c0107193?

default_idle()!

We seem to think that we are all done with init somehow! But
we are in the middle of my rc script file!

Quick question. Running ldconfig from rc on bootup would not screw things up
would it?

Here is default_idle() from arch/i386/kernel/process.c

/*
 * We use this if we don't have any better
 * idle routine..
 */
static void default_idle(void)
{
        if (current_cpu_data.hlt_works_ok && !hlt_counter) {
                __cli();
                if (!current->need_resched)
                        safe_halt();    <<<<<<<<<<< SO I guess that we ARE
halted!
                else
                        __sti();
        }