jffs for amd Am29LV160BB

hi,

i'm working on a StrongArm based device with two 4Mb amd Am29LV160BB
flash chips. are these chips currently supported ??
anyway i tried to compile 2.4.3 kernel with Russell's and Nico's patches
with the following options,

CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE=3
CONFIG_MTD_ROM=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_ADV_OPTIONS=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_NOSWAP=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_GEOMETRY=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_B4=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I2=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_AMDSTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_SA1100=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND=y

and when i boot with this kernel, it tells me,

SA1100 flash: probing for 3 partitions (buswidth = 4)
SA1100: Found 2 x16 CFI devices at location 0 in 16 bit mode
SA1100: Found an alias at 0x400000 for the chip at 0x0
 Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table v1.0 at 0x0040
number of CFI chips: 1
mtd: Giving out device 0 to blob + zImage
mtd: Giving out device 1 to ramdisk
mtd: partition "root-fs" extends beyond the end of device "SA1100" --
size truncated to 0x260mtd: Giving out device 2 to root-fs
SA1100 flash access initialized

here i tried to set up 3 partitions. but why doesn't it allow me to set
up contiguous partitions?? or is it that it detects only one chip??

tia

dhammika