File system crash(Newbie)

Hi all,
I have ported linux on assabet.I have used JFFS.
I am using kernel 2.4.0. After a power cut while I was
working on the file system I rebooted and I got the error

Didn't write all bytes in flash_safe_writev(). Returned -5
JFFS: jffs_write_node: Failed to write, requested 64, wrote 1.

What could be the problem?
How does JFFS check the file system? That is like fsck in ext2 how does jffs check the file system?
Thanx in advance,
hari