Re: Wear Leveling in JFFS2 NOT working!(?)

jg@xxxxxxx.com said:
> If you have some way to remember how far you got the last time,
> (approximately), then you could restart at the same place, rather than
> at the beginning.

> This has the same desired effect as starting randomly....

> Of course, this may be just reducing the problem to the previously
> unsolved problem, potentially...

It is, but the previously unsolved problem in question is one which we
_might_ need to solve anyway for checkpointing - if we decide that mounts
are slow enough that we actually need checkpointing, that is.

If that's the case, I suppose we just have a block counter which we stick
in the erase marker at the beginning of each block, and on scan we order
the blocks such that the oldest blocks are recycled first. We need
something like that for checking that blocks still contain the same data as
the checkpoint tells us, anyway.

But I'm hoping to avoid having to implement checkpointing. We don't have to
use the blocks strictly in order - just try to make sure we start in a
different place each time.

--
dwmw2