jffs, uxlinux, intel flash

I have a custom DragonBallEZ-based board (uClinux) with a 2MB Intel
flash device (28F160C3-T). I would like to get Linux to recognize the
flash device, and then to get jffs on it. I am told this has been done
before. Unfortunately all the detailed information I've been able to
find online relates to MTD and so doesn't apply to uClinux.

The (first) trouble is it looks (at first glance at least) like the
standard flash driver doesn't support Intel flash at all. Is this
true? I had been told otherwise, but not by any particular authority.

Secondly, since I have no non-volatile storage device other than the
flash chip in question, I will need to have the jffs filesystem occupy
only the upper part of the flash device, with the kernel occupying
the lower part. It is not clear to me how to do this; first it is not
clear how I copy my jffs filesystem image into only the upper half,
and second it is not clear how to tell mount where to look for it.

Thanks in advance for helping set this new user straight. Any additional
advice regarding getting jffs running under uClinux would be most
welcome.

Thanks!

Matthew D. Hancher
Embedded & Autonomous Systems