Re: Wear Leveling in JFFS2 NOT working!(?)

vipin.malik@xxxxxxx.com said:
> As hypothesized, the every few minutes cycling was what was screwing up
> the wear leveling algorithm. After the cycling stopped, all sectors
> showed up in the log and additionally each was cycled the same number
> of times!

Good :)

> In my opinion, there should be no need to fix the algorithm to
> accommodate the frequent cycling. Power going down every few minutes
> is (usually) NOT a normal mode of operation of an embedded system.

It's not normal, but given that it's quite easy for us to deal with it by
attempting to start in a different place each time, we might as well do so.

If it were more difficult, I'd be inclined to agree with you that it's not
worth the effort.

--
dwmw2