Re: Major JFFS2 bug (?)

> The unix password command for example takes great care to generate a new file,
> then rename it over the old one in order to be sure either one or the other
> file is consistent.

This is exactly what I thought people are doing. It brings up one
important question about JFFS though:

If I do a 'mv /etc/inittab.new /etc/inittab' (for example) will JFFS
guarantee that the *.new file will not be gone unless it was correctly
moved to the destination file?

It would be OK to end up with the new contents in both files.

Did somebody do test on that? This will be important to do reliable remote
upgrades of critical system components.

--
Christoph Zens
czens@xxxxxxx.com