Re: Major JFFS2 bug (?)

czens@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  If I do a 'mv /etc/inittab.new /etc/inittab' (for example) will JFFS
> guarantee that the *.new file will not be gone unless it was correctly
> moved to the destination file?

JFFS does it in a single log entry, IIRC.

JFFS2 does a hard link then unlinks the source. If the unlink fails, it
tries to unlink the destination. If that fails, it prints an unhappy
message and tells the VFS about the new hard link it just created :)

Turning that into a single log entry like JFFS v1 is on the TODO list. It
means inventing a new type of dirent node, but that's not too much of a
problem.

--
dwmw2