Jffs2 lossage after reboot

I did a reboot, and my iPAQ is now losing.  While I am able to reboot,
and X starts, I got a ton of messages during the boot, and can't log
in (familiar .4).

Here is a (somewhat mangled) bit of what it tells me...
				- Jim

familiar login: root
Password:
PAM_unix[83]: (login) session opened for user
Chip not ready for buffer write. Xstatus = 300028, status = b000a8
 root by
Write of 70 bytes at 0x01e3ce40 failed. returned 0, retlen 0
LOGIN(uid
Not marking the space at 0x01e3ce40 as dirty because the flash driver returned
retlen zero =0)
login[83]: unable to change tChip not ready for buffer write. Xstatus = 300028, status = b000a8
--
Jim Gettys
Technology and Corporate Development