Re: JFFS2: powerfailtesting again

David Woodhouse wrote:

> vserov@xxxxxxx.com said:
> > I had attached log to this message. BTW flash chip i'm using is bit
> > unusual.
>
> OK, it definitely claims to support suspending erases. Of course, that
> doesn't mean it actually _does_ it correctly. Try commenting out the code
> which suspends the erase - make it wait for the erase to complete.

Hi, David.
I've done what you suggested, commented erase suspend in do_read_onechip()
(cfi_cmdset_0001.c) , also i've changed by hand capability info from 0x0E to
0x60 ( errata says it should really be 0x66, plus disabling bits of suspend
capabilities ) to inform mtd not to use suspend. Also i've turned on
debugging. The rate of failures really gets smaller to the level of 1 per
~10 power cycles.  Well, actually i'm regarding timeout waiting for sysinit
script or file copy to complete as failure (10 min for file copy , several
seconds for simple commands in script) .  Should i wait longer ? Full jffs2
disk image reflash takes 6 min which is grossly limited by 115200 bod rate
of serial port.

I'll send you log of this run separatly, its big. Please take a look in it.

Thank you.
Vladimir.