Re: JFFS2: powerfailtesting again

vserov@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  Well, actually i'm regarding timeout waiting for sysinit script or
> file copy to complete as failure (10 min for file copy , several
> seconds for simple commands in script) .  Should i wait longer ? Full
> jffs2 disk image reflash takes 6 min which is grossly limited by
> 115200 bod rate of serial port.

You appear to have full debugging enabled. Over a 115200 serial port, that's
also quite a severe bottleneck for JFFS2 operation.

If the only actual faults you're reporting are timeouts, then yes, I think
you should wait longer. I don't believe JFFS2 is getting stuck in an
endless loop - I think it's making progress with the garbage collection and
just being very slow about it. Disabling erase suspend doesn't help you
much here either.

Increase the timeouts and see how long it actually takes. If the spew of
debugging messages _stops_ and the operation hasn't finished, _that_ I'm
interested in. It may be a deadlock which we haven't yet seen.

--
dwmw2