Re: What on Earth is JFFS2 GC doing?

vipin.malik@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  So, my question is: What on Earth is the JFFS2 fs doing that its
> blocking time is linearly proportional to the amount of disk usage.
> We go from a a write "block" time of ~2.5secs to ~18secs on  an almost
> full fs.

Am Iright in interpreting your final snippet as waiting 18 seconds for a
_single_ block to be erased?

I'm beginning to suspect that we are failing to properly account for freed
blocks somehow - so it's taking far longer than it should before the JFFS2
code actually lets a write proceed. Or something like that.

Can I have an annotated debug log?

--
dwmw2