Re: Major JFFS2 bug (?)

vipin.malik@xxxxxxx.com said:
> <int>    /* (= long), How many ints (longs) of random data follow. Not
> counting the end short for CRC */
> <random amount of ints from 10 to MAX>    /* MAX is specified on the cmd
> line of the program and was specified to be such that max file size <
> 4000bytes*/
> <(short) CRC>

Upon reading the checkfs source, I think I know what's happening here. I
may have mislead you about write atomicity. We _normally_ write a whole
page at once, so you will find that writes which don't cross page
boundaries are atomic. _BUT_ when we're at the end of an erase block and
there's insufficient free space to write the whole page, we still split the
data up into two nodes - one filling up the erase block to the end, and the
remainder of the data in the first node of a new block.

Not a bug, AFAICT.

--
dwmw2