Re: What on Earth is JFFS2 GC doing?

vipin.malik@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  See, how much *less* time it blocks during a sector erase with the
> flash prefilled with some other (static) files! What's going on???

Hmmm. Is the time taken proportional to the number of inodes on the
filesystem, rather than the amount of space taken?

Maybe we're spending all our time walking the single linked list in
jffs2_get_ino_cache(). Is the time taken also inversely proportional to the
value of INOCACHE_HASHSIZE, which is currently defined as only 1 in
jffs2_fs_sb.h?

--
dwmw2