Re: What on Earth is JFFS2 GC doing?

vipin.malik@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  I'm running 2.4.1 Should I upgrade to 2.4.5?

Nah, I don't expect the VM to be any less broken :)

> Any place I can read up on doing this? Never "build in profiling"
> before :)

Boot with 'profile=2' on the command line. Each time you complete a write:
	1. If it took more than 30 seconds, take a copy of /proc/profile
	   to somewhere else - preferably not on the JFFS2 :)
	2. Reset the stats by writing something (anything) to /proc/profile.

Once you've got one or two snapshots of the profile data during the
offending writes, use readprofile (part of the util-linux package) to
interpret it.

> Thanks for your analysis. It sounded quite impressive :)

Heh. Well, if it's not bollocks it might be. :) Let's look at the profile
data.

--
dwmw2