Re: What on Earth is JFFS2 GC doing?

David Woodhouse wrote:

> Boot with 'profile=2' on the command line. Each time you complete a write:
>         1. If it took more than 30 seconds, take a copy of /proc/profile
>            to somewhere else - preferably not on the JFFS2 :)
>         2. Reset the stats by writing something (anything) to /proc/profile.
>
> Once you've got one or two snapshots of the profile data during the
> offending writes, use readprofile (part of the util-linux package) to
> interpret it.

Don't you want me to reset the stats _before_  _each_ write(), as I have no
idea in advance how long that
particular write() will block, then save the /proc/profile if the write >
profile_threshold_seconds?

This way you will only get the stats of what went went on in that particular
write(), not everything that
went on since the last save of /proc/profile.

Vipin