RE: Very bad (JFFS2) things...

I had the same error you describe below.  In my case, that was because my
driver allows reads while writes/erases are performing to another plane of
my flash device ( my flash device has a dual-plane architecture allowing
that).  Reading on one plane while writing or erasing on the other one was
working fine, but I didn`t reallized that my write function was calling
cfi_read to verify if the write operation completed and worked fine.  So it
happened that 2 read operations were happening at the same time, therefore
there sometimes cfi_read was getting data requested by the _read function
and vice-versa.

Maybe you can check this issue.

Frédéric Giasson

Write of 367 bytes at 0x00114584 failed. returned 0, retlen 0
Not marking the space at 0x00114584 as dirty because the flash driver
returned retlen zero
Error writing new dnode: -5