Making partitions questions.

Hi,
I have some questions about making partitions on Intel CFI chips.

1. I read mtd-jffs-HOWTO, and found that can't launch fdisk and create
partitions on my flash dynamically. It have to be created and compiled in a
lowlevel driver. What is the reason? Is anybody working at it?

2. I wish to have several partitions on my flash. Can i have partitions
with
different filesystems on it? I mean one partition with FTL & ext2 and other
with JFFS2 for example.

Thanks in advance.