Re: Cosmetic JFFS patch.

torvalds@xxxxxxx.com said:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Managers at places like Cisco see boot messages and it gets into
> > their brains. They certainly don't all read the source code.

> Quote frankly, I doubt "managers" read the boot messages.

This is consistent with what Alan said. "read" != "see".

I agree the messages can be ugly. But they don't do any harm either, and
sometimes they're useful.

Furthermore, I believe that if you enforce a policy of removing them, the
direct result of that will be that GPL'd code is released back into the
community far slower than it is at the moment.

It's your choice, though.

--
dwmw2