Re: jffs2 with kernel 2.2.12?

vipin.malik@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  Trying to get MTD working w/o modules will be a royal pain and I
> could not get MTD to work as modules under the 2.2.x kernels. If you
> do manage, pl drop me a line with details and I'll update my howto.

Strange. It should behave identically under 2.2 and 2.4 in that regard,
surely? Admittedly the whole thing got ugly when get_module_symbol() was
removed without warning and replaced with something less useful - but I
thought we had managed to work round that insanity now?

>  The biggest hurdle will be the patch. Actually, just skip the patch
> and go the utils/patchin.sh route. You will still have to manually
> edit the fs/Makefile file to include support for JFFS/JFFS2.

There's always the possibility that I could double-check it's all working
in 2.2 and try to merge it into 2.2.20 - after all, it's "only new
drivers".

I don't have any boxen running 2.2 any more - although I could set some up.
How much interest is there in getting it merged properly into 2.2?

--
dwmw2