RE: jffs2 with kernel 2.2.12?

With my current 2.2.12-based kernel, I have an old version of mtd and jffs1
working and I'm not using modules.   Actually, the config I'm using doesn't
support mtd or jffs as modules (probably because of the same problems you
encountered).

If I compare the jffs patchin.sh with my kernel, my code contains equivalent
changes for much of the patch.   One exception is modules.c - though I have some
changes related in incrementing/decrementing usage count, I do not seem to have
similar code for the complete MOD_INITIALIZING and backport inter_module_xxx
from 2.4 changes.   If you want more details on all of this, I can provide.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to move to the current mtd and then jffs2.   One
concern I still have is that 2.2.12 does not seem to have everything required
for jffs2 - examples: generic_read_dir(), setattr in inode_operations,
init_special_inode(), etc.  Version 2.2.18 also doesn't seem to resolve many of
these problems.    Am I missing something?  Do I really need 2.4?

Thanks
Barbara