Another stange [ garbage collector? ] problem

Hi all,

	I found another strange behavior of JFFS2 on my machine.  Here is
what happens:
1- I erase my flash chip, mount an empty JFFS2 on it and copy a large file
to it.
2- I power-down my machine, with or without unmounting JFFS2 first, it does
not matter.
3- I reboot, mount JFFS2 and erase the large file I copyed at first.
4- I try to copy it back on JFFS2, but the cp command never completes.

	So I spinkled my chip driver's erase function with printk's just to
know which sector is erased and when it is.  Without printing any errors, it
seems that cp command spins around copying the same data, because I get
printouts telling me that the same sectors are erased continuously.

Here is a part of what outputs on my terminal:

[root@xxxxxxx.55 /jffs2]# rm *
[root@xxxxxxx.
Now erasing sector at offset: 110000
Now erasing sector at offset: 100000
Now erasing sector at offset: A0000
Now erasing sector at offset: 80000
Now erasing sector at offset: 60000
Now erasing sector at offset: 50000
Now erasing sector at offset: 40000
Now erasing sector at offset: 30000
Now erasing sector at offset: 20000
Now erasing sector at offset: 70000
Now erasing sector at offset: 0
Now erasing sector at offset: 140000
Now erasing sector at offset: 110000
Now erasing sector at offset: 100000
Now erasing sector at offset: A0000
Now erasing sector at offset: 80000
Now erasing sector at offset: 10000
Now erasing sector at offset: 60000
Now erasing sector at offset: 50000
Now erasing sector at offset: 40000
Now erasing sector at offset: 30000
Now erasing sector at offset: 20000
Now erasing sector at offset: 70000
Now erasing sector at offset: 0

Since cp never terminates, I kill it.  Even after the cp process has been
killed, I am still getting sector erase printouts, up to the moment where I
unmount JFFS2.  At this moment, I get:

Frédéric Giasson