JFFS2 and XIP

As far as I know, jffs2 doesn't support XIP code. Is there any hope of adding
support for it? cramfs supports it with a method of marking individual files
as being XIP so that they are not compressed. I believe they use the sticky
bit to mark the file...
For the types of applications that jffs2 is designed for, XIP can be at least
as important as file compression, so it would be good if we supported both...
My personal goal is to use the Agenda VR3 with one jffs2 partition replacing
the current cramfs and jffs partitions. This will require a certain amount of
magic as the flash space is not contiguous, but that can be worked around. Lack
of XIP, on the other hand, could be a real usability issue...

--
Craig West         Ph: (416) 213-0300	|  It's not a bug,
acwest-sig@xxxxxxx.