RE: Bootable NAND flash

Hello,

I use the SBC104 board, which use pretty much the same components and has
almost the same flash mapping. Unfortunately, the flash chips are disable at
boot time, so even if you write a BIOS extension that you put in your flash,
it won't be scanned at boot time. This would require a modification in the
BIOS to enable it before scanning for extensions.

To solve your problem, I can think of one way to do it: the board comes with
a FlashFx extension in the BIOS, that will recognize a DOS partition in the
flash and boot on it. So, I suggest that you partition your flash with a
small bootable DOS partition where you put syslinux, its config file and the
kernel, and what remains as a jfss/jffs2 partition, that you mount as your
root filesystem using the driver linked in the kernel.

Or, maybe somone from Arcom is listening, who will patch the BIOS to scan
the flash for BIOS extensions... In such a a case, I'll take one!

--
Michel Stempin
MIS