MTD JFFS

Hello freinds,

I am currently working with uclinux 2.0.38 pre 7  on my ATMEL EB63 board with AT49BV1604
memmory, with the help of yours, now I can detect the flash
the following is the configuration options,

CONFIG_ARM=y
CONFIG_UCLINUX=y
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
CONFIG_ARCH_EB63=y
CONFIG_CPU_ARM7=y
CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=y
CONFIG_BINUTILS_NEW=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_ERRORS=y
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
CONFIG_REDUCED_MEMORY=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_FLAT=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_FLAT=y
CONFIG_BIGALLOCS=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_RD_RELEASE_BLOCKS=y
CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE=1
CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_ADV_OPTIONS=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_NOSWAP=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_FIXED_IDS=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_FIXED_MAN=1f
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_FIXED_DEV=c0
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_AMDSTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_PNC2000=y
CONFIG_MTD_MTDRAM=y
CONFIG_MTDRAM_TOTAL_SIZE=384
CONFIG_MTDRAM_ERASE_SIZE=64
CONFIG_MTDRAM_ABS_POS=1020000
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_ROMFS_FS=y
CONFIG_JFFS_FS=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_ATMEL=y
CONFIG_ALLOC2=y

By hardcoding ATMEL manufacutrer id and device Id ,and disabling cfiprobe-qry part  we manage to detect the flash.

I can mount  jffs or romfs filesystems from my different mtd partitions ( I have jffs.img burnt on mtd1 and romfs.img on mtdblock4 and I mount the root filesystem from mtd partition 2)
my pnc2000.c looks like

        loader        64kb
        jffs              64kb
        romfs(root)    192kb
        kernel        512kb
        romfs (normal)    64 kb

I tried to use userland erase utility for jffs, When I do erase it opens the ioctl() andgives the error
22(EINVAL)

and I could not even write the files (touch or mkdir etc),

One thing I observed when I mount romfs filesystem I could temporarly change the usermod and touch the filestamp.

Could anyone help me on this matter?

Can you tell me where I made the mistake?

Regards

Visakan.P

--
Pirabusikamani Visakan,