JFFS2 on 2.4.4 PPC

Hi,

    Does anybody else have problems with, the JFFS2 mount operation taking
up a lot of time? We see that it consistently takes around 2.5 minutes for
the mount operation to complete on a file system which has a single 4MB
file! Is this normal? On further tests we also saw that when the file system
is empty the mount operation takes around 45 seconds. Of course, it
completes real quick on a freshly erased flash sector.

     This is with the latest sources from cvs.infradead.org. Should I be
using some other sources?

Is the garbage collection thread a reason for this behaviour?

Thanks,
Sameer.