Re: JFFS

Lawrence.Ross@xxxxxxx.com said:
> In the function do_write_buffer() the calls to map->write8, map->
> write16, and  map->write32 pass the address of the buffer instead of
> the data to be written e.g.
>     map->write16 (map, (((__u16*)buf)), adr+z);
> should be:
>     map->write16 (map, ((*(__u16*)buf)), adr+z);

Yeah - there was some debate about that time as to whether we should be
using get_unaligned() or not, and in the process of doing that and then
reverting it we just stopped referencing the pointer altogether :) That
was fixed some time ago.

>  I wasn't able to get the current CVS tree to work with my 2.4.2 ARM
> version of the kernel.  I will admit that I tried it, got some missing
> symbol problems that I didn't see an obvious fix for (something like
> put_user_bad), then went back and fixed the above problem.

There was a patch for this on the mailing list a day or two ago. Basically
ifdef out the case BLKGETSIZE64 from the ioctl routines.

>  I neither one worked for me out of the box.  The JFFS v1.0 has
> similar problems to the ones you describe, the file system is gone
> across a power cycle.  With JFFS v2.0 the filesystem is still there,
> but corrupted somehow. I am using the flash to store large (~1-2MB
> executables) and they are no longer executable.  I will try the latest
> JFFS filesystems from CVS to see if I can get them to work.

This is _after_ you fixed the above-mentioned problem? Then please give
full reports of both, because they're not known problems.

>  David - a question for you with the MTD drivers.  How can I tell when
> the filesystem has been completely written to the flash?  It would be
> nice to know so I can be sure not to power down until it is done.

All operations on the MTD devices except erase are synchronous. Erases of
flash blocks have a callback. In fact, erases are synchronous too at the
moment, but they won't always be that way - we'll check for completion from
a timer.

All operations on both JFFS and JFFS2 are synchronous too.

--
dwmw2