Building jffs2

Hello ,

I tried to build the jffs2 with linux-2.2.14, but i am getting the
following message  immediately after the 'make' command:

make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=/root/mtd/kernel modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.14'

The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
Then build a kernel with module support enabled.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.14'

I tried the command 'make config'. But the same thing is displayed.
Please let me know how to overcome this error.

Naveen