RE: JFFS is not broken (Was: JFFS broken?)

> jonas.holmberg@xxxxxxx.com said:
> >  Yes, but the flash chips are slow so it doesn't help. The CPU has to
> > wait for every word to be read into the cache.
>
> Just to check we're talking about the same thing here - are you really
> doing synchronous burst reads, or just filling a cache line with normal
> async reads from the flash?
>
> I don't expect much performance gain unless you do the former.

My strata flash(28F128J3A) only supports async page mode(burst read, 1  cache line)reads.
I think that shold work too. Now I wonder, how is a data bust read initiated?
Will simple memcpy_fromio() do it?

Something else: There are alot of memory barrier, mb() calls in my map file. Do
I really need them on uncached memory? If yes, would a mbw() be better?

 Joakim