Couldn't restrict write permission

Hi all,
I have a problem with logging in on the devboard_lx with a modem. I think it
might be because of the jffs filesystem. When logging in on the serial port
ttyS0, the login program has to change the write permission but can't. I a
logfile I get the message:

Couldn't restrict write permissions to /dev/ttyS0: Read-only file system

Does anyone know what I have to do? Is there maybe a page where I can find