Wanted: "JFFS with uClinux 2.0.38 for Dummies"

Has anyone used JFFS on uClinux 2.0.38 successfully?  If so, would you
please point me to documentation on how to do it?  I have "The Linux MTD,
JFFS HOWTO" document.  It seems to be geared towards the desktop Linux.  It
only talks about configuring MTD & JFFS for the 2.2.x and 2.4.x kernels.
Basically, we need non-volatile storage for some configuration files
(including /init/rc).  Fail-safe data storage is not so critical for our
application.  Is JFFS the best approach, or is there a simpler approach that
should suffice?  Thanks.

Paul Carpenter (Firmware Engineer)
Northern Computers, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI