Endurance

Hi folks,

I'm considering to use JFFS for our openhardware board
(http://www.openhardware.net/Dragonix) . I want to append 10 bytes to a log
every 6 seconds. I would like to use any kind of flash with NOR or NAND
technology.
Let's assume that the chips have 1 million Program / Erase Cycles and a
2megabyte chip. How log will it take until the chips is blown? When writing
the same location it will take about 70 days, which is pretty short. We need
at least 5 years. How does a chip die? Does JFFS handle defect sectors?

Thanks

Dani