Re: CLEANMARKER question

Joakim.Tjernlund@xxxxxxx.se said:
> I have seen alot of posts about it but I have no idea on how to
> proceed with this.

The basic idea is to make it nice and quick for the FS code to reproduce
its internal data (the jffs2_raw_node_ref lists and clean/dirty sizes) on
mount without having to work it all out from scratch. Look at what the
mount code does, and see how much could be avoided - then work out
precisely what needs to go into the checkpoint - it'll probably end up
being a tradeoff between remount speed and the size taken by the checkpoint
nodes.

I wonder if we could get away with writing a node at the _end_ of each
eraseblock, just listing the start addresses of the nodes contained within
that block?

> Would checkpointing  still speed up mount when power is cut and then
> restored?

If you write a checkpoint only on a clean unmount, then no.
If you do it periodically during normal operation. then yes.

--
dwmw2