RE: jffs2 cpu usage

> green@xxxxxxx.au said:
> > If we allow the file system to get full(ish) we regularly see delays
> > of the order of 5 seconds when all we are doing is writes of log
> > entries. What is even more terrifying is that if we do an rm of the
> > offending large file(s) the system goes busy for several 10s of
> > seconds presumably doing lots of nice filesystem housekeeping.
>
> It's a known problem. We need to make the garbage collection
> code behave more considerately, by adding more conditional schedule
points.
> --
> dwmw2

Do you know if anyone has any plans to address this issue in the near
future?  We were planning/hoping to use JFFS2 for this type of an
application (logging) where we need both the compression and the journalling
and these types of delays would most likely be unacceptable.  How much work
will be required to address this (can you point me in the right direction)?

Thanks,
Larry

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.