Re: NAND flash and JFFS(2)

On Wednesday,  6. February 2002 23:55, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> True - but in order to implement ECC we have to either write partial
> blocks _without_ ECC, until we fill the block and write the ECC data with
> the 512nd byte, or batch the writes into pages.
I mean we should keep the batch write. Thats correct. But we can leave the
cleanmarker where it is now and write it without ECC and put the rest of the
page with ECC. On small NAND devices we have only 8byte spare area per block.
We need 3 byte for ECC and at least 1 byte for flags. Then the cleanmarker
area is reduced to 4 bytes. Is that enough ?

> > Should i put them into CVS to jffs-nand-branch or send them by mail ?
> Mail's probably best at this stage - thanks.
I will send it in the afternoon

Thomas