JFFS2 images

I have a question I hope you can answer me.
We are currently thinking about using JFFS2 as a file system for our flash device.
What we would like is to be able to build file system binaries (that can be directly flashed) on a pc first and flash them to the device later.
So we would need a PC tool that reads some cfg file (which holds info about mem map, partitions, etc.), some zip files and created from that
a flashable image that can be put in flash and from which JFFS2 can read the files on the target.
Am I making any sense...?
This would greatly simplify our entire build process.
My question is: are there already tools available that can do this?
If not I have to make the tools myself and I hope to have enough info about JFFS2 to do that.

I hope you can find the time to answer me.
Regards,
Peter Boon